If you are missing one or many teeth, you may be a candidate for dental implants. Dental implants will look, feel, and function like normal teeth and can last a lifetime with proper oral care. If you are considering improving your smile, here are the top eight things you need to know before getting dental implants:
- Dental implants have a 95 percent success rate in healthy patients who adopt a good oral hygiene practice.
- Dental implants are different from dentures because they are permanently affixed to your jawbone.
- Titanium posts are surgically attached to your jawbone during implant surgery which keep the artificial teeth in place.
- Dental implants have the potential to last a lifetime because they are not vulnerable to dental disease or tooth decay as long as good oral care is practiced.
- Getting a tooth pulled requires more force and pressure than getting a dental implant placed.
- There’s no need to schedule a visit to the hospital because dental implant surgery can be done in the dental office under local anesthesia.
- Some dental implant surgeries can be very quick, taking between ~ 30 to 60 minutes.
- Once your implants are healed, eating is very easy because your implants are anchored to your jawbone and will not slip out.
From single tooth and multiple tooth replacement, to arch replacement and All-On-4 dental implants, dental implants provide a lifestyle enhancement for those missing teeth. If you have questions or want to learn more about how dental implants can improve your life, contact us at Tahoe Oral Surgery and Implant Center to schedule a consultation.